We are pleased to announce the launch of our first video competition, with prize money of $150 (USD) to win. The competition is open to people all around the world and simply requires you to produce a maximum 2 minutes 20 seconds video to answer the following question:
How can the people of India and Pakistan acheive peace between their countries without violence?
The competition dates are:
- Open: Monday 1st June 2020
- Deadline for Submission: midnight (GMT) on Sunday 12th July 2020.
- Voting Period: Tuesday 14th July 2020 – midnight (GMT) on Tuesday 4th August 2020
- Announcement of Winner: Wednesday 5th July 2020.
Prize money of $100 will be awarded to the winner of the ‘People’s Vote’, with an additional $50 awarded to the ‘Editor’s Vote’. Full details for the competition are set out below:
Topic: The topic for your video must be ‘How can the people of India and Pakistan acheive peace between their countries without violence?’
Style and presentation: The style and presentation of your video is entirely your choice. You can use a range of images, videos, audio, paintings or drawings or even just a video of yourself, talking to your camera. As long as you comply with the terms and conditions, you can be as creative as you like!
Content: Your video must concern the topic of how the people of India and Pakistan can acheive peace between their countries, without violence. The message you would like to deliver can focus on whatever aspect you like. For example, you may choose to focus on a politics, society, economics, arts, technology, law, ethics, humanity or whatever you believe would be a path towards peace between the two countries.
Length: Your video must a maximum of 2 minutes 20 seconds in length, there is no minimum length.
Language: We reccommend presenting your video in the English language for maximum viewership. However, you may use whichever language you prefer, but if it is not English then you must include English sub-titles on your video.
Format: The filesize of your video must be no more than 300mb and must be a filetype that is valid to be displayed on YouTube. For full details on what size, dimensions and filetype are suited to YouTube, please consult the Youtube help at https://support.google.com/youtube
How to Enter:
You must create your video and send it to us. To send, you must create a link to your file with online cloud storage (e.g. Google Drive, Dropbox, One Drive etc.) We reccommend that you use Google Drive, which you can sign up for free at https://www.google.com/drive/. Once you have created your account, simply upload your video to your online storage and get a shareable link for the file which can then be emailed to us (make sure that your file is set so that it can be downloaded by anyone with the link).
Submit video link to us by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information
Link to video file:
I [your name] confirm that I have created the attached video and have accepted the Beyond Nations terms and conditions for entry to the video competition.
How the Winner is decided:
There are two awards to be won:
All accepted video entries will be uploaded simultaneously on Tuesday 14th July 2020 on the Beyond Nations Youtube Video Channel
. Between this date and midnight on Tuesday 4th August 2020 the voting will take place. A person can vote for your video by ‘Liking’ (clicking the ‘thumbs up’ icon) on your video on YouTube. The video with the most amount of Likes by midnight (GMT) on Tuesday 4th August 2020 will be declared the winner of the People’s Vote. The prize money in this category is $100 (USD)
Editor’s Vote: The Beyond Nations Editor’s will vote on the video they determine to the best submission. Their vote will be based on quality of style & presentation, delivery of message, originality (etc. we probably need to give some idea of what our criteria will be).
Terms and Conditions:
The following terms and conditions apply to the Beyond Nations Video Competition. By entering the competition, you must agree to the following:
- The video must not contain or promote violence, swearing, nudity or hatred or any of king including racism, sexism, relgious bigotory or any other form of prejudice.
- Your video must be created by yourself and not contain anyone else’s protected copyrighted material that you are not legally permitted to use. You will be held by Beyond Nations to be personally liable for any loss or damage suffered as a consequence of copyright theft
- You must not be in breach of any domestic or international laws in the creation of your video.
- You agree to give permission to Beyond Nations to upload your video on the Beyond Nations Channel with the Beyond Nations logo added to your video
- Confirm that you issue a royalty-free and unlimited license to Beyond Nations to share, edit and distribute your video both online and offline
- You agree to not use any ‘fake’ or ‘paid for’ ‘Likes’ for promotion of your uploaded video in order to receive votes.